2021 AAU Tryouts
2020 tryouts have concluded and rosters are finalized for the remaining 2020 Summer and Fall seasons.
2021 Tryouts scheduled for November 1st and 5th, will be for our Spring 2021 Rosters. We are running tryouts early this year to better accommodate our families who are hoping to get their athletes back on the courts as soon as possible, and to not interfere with High School basketball season. Given that our 2020 Spring tournament season was cut short due to COVID-19 and that we have some teams interested in possibly running Winter League (Dec-Feb) (if practice space and league play is available), we have moved up our tryout timeline from January 2021 to November 2020.
NOTE: 2021 Tryout Registration will CLOSE Sunday October 25, 2020 at 11pm EST. While tryouts for our 2021 Spring AAU season are free, we will not accept late registration or walk-ups, no exceptions! In order to prepare for and follow proper COVID-19 Guidelines, registration must be finalized 7 days before November 1st 2020. There will be no registration available at the door and you will be turned away if not on the check-in list. See below for our COVID-19 Guidelines for tryouts.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Tryouts
Participant Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- Participants must be dropped off and picked up along the side doors of USTC near mini-golf (left when turning into parking lot). A Downingtown Heat representative will be standing there to direct participants.
- Parents should not exit their cars. No spectators allowed in the building at any time. Abosutely NO walk-up registration.
- Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time. The second session will not be allowed in until all of the first session has cleared the building. Please do not show up earlier than 15-minutes until your scheduled time.
- Participants temperature will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with 100.0 degrees F or above will not be admitted. If you are sick, stay home. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 14 day of tryouts or been in direct contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, stay home.
- Participants are required to wear a mask while entering the building, walking to the restroom, and exiting the building. Masks may be removed voluntairly during competition.
- Check-in will take place outside the USTC Fieldhouse. There will be 4 check-in tables labeled by grade/gender where the athlete will state their name and current grade and will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided on the table.
- A Downingtown Heat representative will check-off their name from the registration list and will assign them a numbered tryout pinnie to wear for the day. These pinnies will not be shared and will be utilized for single use for the day. Pinnies should be placed in a bin by the participant upon exiting the tryout.
- Participants must bring their own water labeled with their name on it. No water sharing and no water fountains available.
- Court spaces will be limited to 25 participants per court surface (including coaches). In the event that we have a grade level with more than 25 registered, we will split the two sessions (Sunday 11/1 and Thursday 11/5) and assign the participant to attend one only. An email confirming your tryout session(s) assignment will come between October 27th and October 31st.
- Each court will have assigned a certain number of basketballs that will be sanitized in between sessions.
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided and available for use anytime on breaks and upon tryouts ending.
- Tryout pinnies will be for single use. After a session ends, participants will be asked to put them into a bin. Those will be laundered appropriately before the next date of tryouts.
- All Coaches and Staff are required to wear a mask at all times and to practice social distancing when applicable.